Topics Discussed with Capitol Hill, FCC, DOL, Law, Industry: Broadband Policy, FCC Transition, 5G Workforce
ARLINGTON, VA – The Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) today closed its first-ever digital policy series – Connect (X): All Access Policy Summit – that took place Tuesday, Feb. 23 through Thursday, Feb. 25. The policy summit convened leaders from Capitol Hill, the Federal Communications Commission, the Department of Labor, law firms, media, and industry, discussing the pressing challenges, as well as actionable solutions, for wireless broadband deployment.
“At a time when connectivity is more in demand than ever, WIA brought together leaders in telecom policy, regulation, law, media, and industry at the Connect (X): All Access Policy Summit to to discuss the most crucial issues facing broadband and 5G. We had a unique discussion of reskilling and upskilling a diverse workforce,” said WIA President and CEO Jonathan Adelstein. “The productive, bipartisan conversation will help us all work together toward expanding wireless broadband. I look forward to turning the takeaways from the Policy Summit into action throughout 2021 and with the Biden Administration as our country seeks to provide communities across the country with reliable broadband and to enable responsible 5G deployment.”
The Policy Summit also represents the first in a series of digital opportunities WIA will make available prior to the in-person Connect (X) event this August in Boston.
- FCC Watch: Expectations from the Incoming FCC Chairman and New Commissioner(Sponsored by Mintz and Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP)
- Implications of the Emerging Policy Framework focused on Open RAN (Sponsored by Altiostar)
- Implications and Opportunities in a New Infrastructure Bill (Sponsored by Sitetracker)
- Trend Watching at the State and Local Level for 5G Siting and Infrastructure Development (Sponsored by Sitetracker )
- Solving the Rural Coverage Gap: Wireless Networks, Infrastructure and Investment
- The 5G Workforce and Registered Apprenticeship: Turning Training from a Cost into a Competitive Advantage (Sponsored by Phillips Lytle)
The on-demand sessions can be found here: https://policysummit.connectivityexpo.com/policy-summit-on-demand/.
Find more information here.
For more information on the event, contact email@example.com.
For press inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Amy-Gabrielle Bartolac | Public Affairs Manager
703-621-0527 | Amy-Gabrielle.Bartolac@wia.org